Wednesday, April 23, 2014

FAT - BROKE - REDNECKS & PREACHERS

In 1992 I went off to Bible College. I loved the experience and the people, but I gained 15 lbs in my first semester. Next semester I joined every intramural sport possible, worked a job and went to school full time, but most of all, I stopped eating fried chicken and potatoes every 30 minutes. 

  I was in the South, see, and in the South, if you are a typical redneck like me, or a preacher, you are also typically fat. I think I get to say that because in some ways, I am both. I ate deep fried, high fat, and in large amounts. I drank tons of soda, ate donuts and candy bars like there was no tomorrow. There was no end to the very tasty, fat filled food groups I enjoyed.  


Fast forward 20 years and I have gone from 165 to almost 190 lbs. My doctor has begun to mention my blood pressure, weight and cholesterol. Years of only mild exercise, continued Southern diet, fast food, soda and sweets allowed a few pounds a year to pile on. I may not have looked like my friend to the right, but I sure felt like it. 

Side note about preachers....I love them....I am one....so no hard feelings, just observations....Most preachers I know gain weight and loose money. They grow old looking overweight, unhealthy and financially loosing ground. Over the past 20 years, I have also become unhappy with the way I addressed finances. I was a giver, but not a huge money maker and even worse at weekly administering the details of managing our money. I went from a small income to a larger income. Moved into a nicer house, got better cars, toys and hobbies, even some savings. But, overall, my ministry work did nothing to help me build lasting income and legacy financially. During the recession I lost income, stuff and savings. During my recent brain bleed episode I realized that I wont' get paid if I can't "be at work". So, I began looking for a business that would work for me and my goals, not against me. 

For our health and for our income we made a change.... 

As a family, with lots of help from my amazing wife, Shanna, we are moving forward in the healthy eating, healthy living and healthy money making categories. We started a new business with AdvoCare.com, a health and wellness company with the motto of "We Build Champions". I respect that and hope to be a champion in each of these areas. 



We learned that no diet provides all the nutrients we need. So, we add on many products provided by AdvoCare and in a very short time frame we have felt tons better since. I have lost about 5 lbs in the past few weeks, but more importantly, I have felt better, had more energy, slept better and been at the gym more often. The community of AdvoCare offers help with meal plans, work out tips and more. My wife cooks whole foods for us often, we do not eat fast food and work out regularly. 

With SPARK, the healthy energy drink from AdvoCare, I drink more water and get tons of B Vitamins, along with all the other great attributes in the mix. I do not drink over the counter energy drinks and rarely drink soda. I feel better, tons better. 

The business opportunity was one of the easiest to begin with and the business people are great to work with. I can develop retail clients and business partners nationally and can lean on help from really great people, training, sponsors and other representatives of the company. 

At this point I am very happy with AdvoCare as a company and want to focus on helping others leave a Legacy of finances, business and healthy living. They provide easy programs to join, with shorter concentrations than most "loose weight/get fit" programs. These are designed for the average person, and I really love that. 

Check the link below for great confirmation the product is good...


Now, Shanna and I work together to NOT allow me or any of us to become like the fat redneck or preacher. We love the season of life before AdvoCare and love those in the middle of being a fat redneck, preacher or anyone for that matter. Because we do love everyone in those categories, we are most excited about is seeing homes changed for real, in very practical ways, with all the tools we have found helpful.  

I hope to share success stories frequently, for now, check our FB for updated information, follow on twitter and let us know if you want to join the 24 Day Challenge beginning May 12th. 


Inquire & Order here: www.AdvoCare.com/140412187

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/BillyRamsdell
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/ShannaRamsdell

Twitter: @BillyRamsdell


No comments:

Post a Comment

FOLLOW BY EMAIL